PTA Roll CallPRESENT OR ABSENT There is some truth in the African proverb,
“it takes a village to raise a child”We each have a role in helping our youth get
the best education possible. As a parent, there are ways you can get involved.
their children be successful students.
Frequently Asked QuestionsFOR PARENTS
- How can I get involved in my local PTA?
Check out the PTA website for ideas on ways to become involved.
- How can I interact with my child's teacher?
- Contact your teacher directly and ask questions
- Go over the assignments and work that your child receives as often as you can
- Send your child's teacher a note asking to set up a meeting
- Attend parent teacher conferences and if you are not available, schedule an individual meeting
- What are the different types of k-12 education?
There are different schools that provide free and paid education for children in the US. For a list visit
- There are some programs I keep hearing about but I don't know anything about them
A national competition which will highlight and replicate effective education reform strategies in four significant areas:
- Adopting internationally benchmarked standards and assessments that prepare students for success in college and the workplace;
- Recruiting, developing, rewarding, and retaining effective teachers and principals;
- Building data systems that measure student success and inform teachers and principals how they can improve their practices; and
- Turning around our lowest-performing schools.
Provide a consistent, clear understanding of what students are expected to learn, so teachers and parents know what they need to do to help them. The standards are designed to be robust and relevant to the real world, reflecting the knowledge and skills that our young people need for success in college and careers.
Provides some activities and resources you can share with your child at home.